COVID-19 is the latest viral pandemic sweeping the world. As of now, the U.S. has over 4 million cases. In order to prevent the spread of the virus, people have been urged to stay at home and social distance, not leaving their homes unless it’s necessary.
But life still goes on and there may be a time when you’ll need to hire a chauffeur service. Is a chauffeur service safe? As long as you follow the basic hygiene and social distancing guidelines, there should be nothing wrong with hiring a luxury chauffeur service.
Here’s how to hire a chauffeur car service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Is It Safe to Hire a Chauffeur Service?
Now that the economy is reopening, life is slowly getting back to normal.
You may need to hire a chauffeur service for business, travel, or other reasons. But is it safe? As long as you and the driver practice CDC-recommended social distancing and disinfecting guidelines, you can limit the spread of COVID-19.
Safety Tips for Passengers
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has issued basic social distancing guidelines for everyone to follow. These guidelines will improve the safety of chauffeur services and will help you decrease the chances of catching COVID-19.
Follow these safety measures:
- Sit in the backseat, never in the passenger seat
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Do so before entering the vehicle
- If you can, bring hand sanitizer into the car with you
- Avoid close contact with the driver. Use the privacy screen, if the vehicle has one (and if the vehicle doesn’t already use a Plexiglas partition)
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or tissue
- Don’t shake hands with your driver
- Wear a mask
If you can, you should use a chauffeur service alone. Bringing a passenger, even a spouse or family member, will only increase the COVID-19 risks.
You should also cancel your appointment if you show any symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever or cough.
How a Reliable Chauffeur Service Is Handling the COVID-19 Pandemic
To ensure the safety of passengers, a reliable chauffeur service will go above and beyond to keep the vehicle clean and sanitized. Here are a few examples of what you can expect.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces in the vehicle, including the seats, headrests, center console, and door handles
- Clean the vehicle in-between passengers
- Removing paper products and leisure reading materials, such as magazines
- Offering hand sanitizer to all passengers
- Wearing a face mask
- Lowering windows to increase airflow
The best drivers will show the cleaning products they use and may even wipe down the car while you’re present. You also won’t get a driver who has been experiencing COVID-19 symptoms before your appointment.
Hire a Reputable Chauffeur Service Today
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s normal to wonder if a chauffeur service is safe. As long as you and the driver follow CDC’s social distancing and hygienic guidelines, you can limit the spread of COVID-19 and stay safe.
Our passenger’s safety is our number one priority. If you’re based in Washington D.C., contact us to schedule a chauffeur service.